Tuesday 7 August 2012

second star to the right on a clear blue evening

Optimism mixed with a good attitude is the key to conquer life!
-keep smiling :) Larissa.

Larissa had that posted on FB. I miss her. 

Got a bang trim today. The lady that cut my hair was really nice. She had boy short hair, her bangs were a dark blue and spiky! It was actually kinda fun. I like that place. Maybe I'll go there again. 

2nd star to the right. I think that's where life is taking me next. Well actually it's taking me to Ukraine. But it's a brand new adventure and if all ends well my memories can last forever. Never forget, my memories will be locked away in the pages of my sketch book (which can burn...). We're leaving tomorrow some time before 8 am. So far I just hope I packed everything. I feel like I should be worried I'm so far away from everything and almost everyone I know. I mean I'm sleeping in a tent with someone I've met once? At least Ksenia, Natalie and DJ (later, 3rd week) will be there. These people (since I have no more to really tell) are: 

Ksenia- a friend I met my first Ukrainian camp in the rocky mountains of canada. We have a lot in common and are really good friends.

Natalie- a friend from Ukrainian school. She's a year older than me. But I really like her. 

DJ- I met him 2 summers ago at camp. I hated him at first he was so annoying and different. After a while I changed my mind and started liking him. He was my first slow dance to Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin. We spent ski camp riding the bus together every day and shooting bottle caps at one another at lunch (along with our other friends of course). And last summer. Where the rumours were that we were going out (at least according to some of his New York friends). And I haven't really seen him since then. 
I have so many stories about him and the stupid things he's done. Jumping off a chairlift for 30 bucks, drinking hot sauce on a bus, sneaking me into his tent during the day, his dreams of being a marine biologist, his coral business (that always makes me laugh), od on random meds, contact solution, everything. And the things I noticed. I notice too much about the guys I like...ed.
I broke up with my first boyfriend cause I though we still had a chance. After what had happened at ski camp, all the time we spent together... But I guess people change. But I'm still looking forward to seeing him, and once dance please, would be nice. 

The color of the sky: Once again cloudless. Not a single stain of white across the perfectly clean paling blue sky. Later clouds slowly start to fill the endless dessert of nothing. Like nomads moving across the blue sands stopping, covering the desert with their camps as they prepare to spend the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment