Tuesday 9 April 2013

I just want to sleep

We all have lives, no matter how insignificant and childish they may look when you take a step back. Nick broke up with Hana today.
It rained, and everything smelled of rain and summer. The calming smell of ozone, and sound of rain echoed through the arch.
I stood in the hall, hugging Christoph like we were lovers reunited after an eternity apart.
Our theatre director is leaving. His wife's having another kid and it's just not going to work anymore. Sitting there, watching him talk I was frozen, happy and miserable. What now? Budget deficit, cuts, new director. Was this group, was my family going to survive?
Then I stood on stage, dreading my lines which I knew I would forget as soon as my mouth opened on stage.
And I drew, all over my script. People, different people, different from anything I've ever drawn. It was calming, I just wished I got another hug.
But I walked home with him, or that little stretch of road that we share before we go our separate ways.
Watched the game. Sitting tight on the couch, I tensed up, nervous, wanting for them to pull through, but in the end Michigan lost.
Through the crack in my window I could clearly hear the howling of the wind, and the cold air creeping in, filling the room.
I woke up this morning, to the painful sound of alarms and white light in the bathroom. Cold water didn't help today, it was just pure tired pain, when you want nothing more than to close your eyes and curl up in the warm bed, nuzzling into your imaginary lovers chest and fall back into that dream. I wish I could.

The color of the sky: The morning sky was a in-between shade of dark blue, not a dark indigo or midnight blue, but not a navy, deep ocean color either. More of a diluted crayon that a child finds hidden under a couch after loosing in years ago. And streetlight orange lanterns bob along the grey morning road.

No comments:

Post a Comment