Tuesday 9 April 2013

Silly Alice, it's not just a dream

I'm so confident of myself when I'm alone, but when I'm with people I just can't do it, bring out that confidence and just do stuff. It gets stuck in my throat and I choke on my own words. 

We're doing pastel drawings in class, and it's the only place I feel completely fine, happy, not concerned with anything. Despite my tense hands, and mind thick with stormy thoughts, and nervous slow strokes on the paper. 

Emi and I ran around selling cookies for art club at lunch. We sold so many! 22$. 

5th hour, movie. That's another thing that calms me down and I feel good about. It's like a dream that I'm seeing forming in front of me, directing, and all these new ideas of french cinematography coming together as I watch these movies, ideas ideas! And then I want to grow up...but that's a sad thought.

Stomach cramps drove me home before theatre, but not before a chat with Mathew and Christoph undoing the thin red bow in my hair, then telling me not to die. 

Watched a soccer game, did my homework, didn't complain, just took it easy. Then went to Emi's. Were we filled our time with talk of penis's and therapy, laughing till our stomachs ached, and we were rolling on the floor. This is why we're such good friends. We even think so alike...I guess it's true that the more time you spend with a person the more you influence each other.

I am addicted to The Help, it is just so good! So glad I decided to read it.
And related to books, The Catcher in the Rye. Holdon, I love his character. It is every one of us. It shows off the things we don't want others to see, the other side of us, the dark part we hid away hoping to hide it away from the stars forever. That's why I love it so much, it's disturbing and so relatable. It's me. It's the popular crew kid. It's the quiet band geek, it's all of us. Phonies...

The color of the sky: A small patch of dreamy light blue, smothered with clouds which billowed like puffs of whipped cream on a porcelain plate, so sweet, bringing a smile to my face.

"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment