Sunday 10 March 2013

Summer plans for warmer days

I haven't been on a bus in so long, but still I think of Jess. That never seems to leave. It's a memory, imprinted in the seats, painted on the windows, echoed in the engines hum. A quiet reminder of high school innocence. Freshman year...

It was crude, unpolished, ungentlemanly like conduct, I played along of course, it's would be rude not to. But it was kinda annoying, reminding me of 8th grade and the stupidity we possessed thinking it would make us look cool. As if. I mean the day wasn't too bad, pudding, Monty Python, a bus ride, and sushi with the family later. The buckwheat tea was good.

Today was lovely though. Got along in class with people, cheated on tests, did well not cheating on a test. Ate mainly fruits, and a bit of sweets and carbs, but that's ok. Emi, Nick and I celebrated my birthday officially. Cake, chocolate and vanilla and strawberries, then downtown. Where we wandered through stores, looked at obscene magazines, and climbed to the to of a parking structure from where the city looks beautiful and alive. Thriving with so much life, so many things we haven't seen, their signs flickering below us, beckoning. Chinese food, with the same waiter and cashier, and fortunes that aren't quite...fortunes. I bought a hat, skirt and sun glasses at some point. I am very pleased with myself. I never buy anything! And I've been meaning to get a cute skirt and semi aviators, so mission accomplished!
We also went to go see Oz The Great And Powerful. It was pretty good. We played that hockey puck game thing before we got in, and ordered slushies. That seems to always come up with the three of us. Anyways though the whole day we must have gone to the bathroom at least 20 times. We drank so much water!

I need to stop talking to my reflection in the mirror, but it does help my self esteem...it's just a bit concerning and narcissistic...

Now off to bed with dreams of pretty men and impossible things.

The color of the sky: Ebony blue...Like lacquer pasted across the sky, evening out it's ridges and bumps, clearing away the bubbles, away with the white clouds of dust, leaving just open endless sky. Darkening, from a deep midnight blue to black. Swelling over the town making it seem just a bit bigger...

No comments:

Post a Comment