Monday 11 March 2013

You can see the shadows

I saw Chris today. He looked miserable, sitting in the near empty stairwell. His finely trimmed hair, matted down, clinging desperately to his dripping forehead. The dark expression on his face didn't suit him, it was completely different from his usual cheery appearance. No jokes today. We talked, he had training, and told me about it a bit, called me poochie and asked me why I was still here. When Jose called for me, Chris just said, hurry up and leave. Bye...
It felt like a picture I would have drawn last year. A girl and guy, dark and light, happy and sad. With a totally depressing love story. It was like I really was part of a picture. It's a shame I had to leave.

The walk home wasn't bad though. Hoods up, we splashed through puddles and countered Mari's arguments that rain was bad. I like rain, I like it a lot, especially walking or running though it. Summer rain's the best though. You can smell it. That's the part I like best. Mari left then there were two. We talked much about nothing, the movie we watched, 5th grade, people all while walking in the middle of the street. We ran into a class mate, which was pretty funny, I wonder how we looked to him...We all take latin together.
Eventually we made it to the crossroads of our departure and said good-bye. I didn't look back. I didn't want to, it didn't feel right anyways. Sometimes it's romantic, or something but this time I just didn't, just in case he did.

Well now it's sunny, the lights glinting off the newly washed pavement. The droplets on my window shine like diamonds in the light. The talk with Chris seems like forever ago.

I like sitting on my floor and dreaming...it's so effortless.

The color of the sky: Mysterious night sky, shrouded in a shawl of eerie white. Light that comes from the opposite direction of the sunrise illuminates the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment