Tuesday 26 June 2012

Fortune cookies and ...'s







I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.


It's got to be one of the most amazing movies ever. Blade Runner, the directors cut. I just finished watching it. Words really can't describe it. You really should watch it. I read the book in 8th grade as my English syfy book. I should re read it, having watched the movie, my perspective of the book and los Angeles will be completely different... And if you do get a chance to watch it the directors cut is waaaaaay better. The regular one is good, but the directors cut fills in a few more blanks and is more graphic about the story and bloody details.


Anyways... I slept till noon and woke up to an empty house. No one was home. I walked down the hall to my parents bathroom. It was cool for a summer day and the sunlight drifted nicely making the feeling of being alone a nice one. They'd left pancake batter and the pan on the stove which made for a nice breakfast. I didn't get to finish my meal in peace. Everyone came back, so I went to Emi's.
Her, Titi (a friend of ours, I haven't seen her in a while since I don't have classes with her) and I went to Evergreens. We had a lot of fun. 3-4 isn't exactly the idea hour to eat but if you don't want to wait, it's perfect. The restaurant was empty, aside from some waiters sitting in the corner playing with their phones or filling out papers. The lady addressed us, trying to sell more than the simple option of water, her accent made it hard to follow. It was a typical asian probably chinese accent, the kind that for some reason always made me feel comfortable. We ordered drinks and scanned the menu. It took us a while to decide. Once the food came we ate it accompanied with giggles and jokes. Noodles and curry chicken. Eventually we got the check, oranges and fortune cookies. 
You will make many changes before settling down
I started keeping my fortunes inside my phone cover. Even if they aren't my luck number...
We went to get ice cream. On the way we saw a little boy, sitting outside a store on a crate. Brown hair and soft eyes. His nails were painted a dark blue, the color was now faded chipping away. He watched us. I saw him playing in the street while we ordered ice cream. A few minutes later he came in with what I assumed to be his dad and they ordered. It was strange to watch for some reason.

When we got back home Titi left and Emi and I watched T.V. We wanted to watch America's Next Top Model but we couldn't find the channel. Then it turned out that it wasn't on. So we watched something else instead. I don't usually watch T.V since we don't have cable. 

Going swimming with Josef and Emi tomorrow. I don't really want to... Maybe I'll say I'm sick or something. I just don't wanna go.

This is rather boring... I wonder if fortune cookies can actually predict the future, somehow... I know they can't really, their just something to hold on to. Something that tells you your life is going to get better. Can anyone really tell you your future? Is it set out for you, and can you chance it? Or like in Mr.Nobody, you have thousands of options each one has a story you could choose any but you only can choose one and that is your future. I'm tired...Goodnight! 

The color of the sky: It was a darker blue than usual. There was something more to it that just the simple look of summer. A small number of clouds followed the curve of the atmosphere moving slowly in an arc towards the horizon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment