Sunday 23 December 2012

By next year I want to speak fluent french so I can say, "farewell, until we cross paths again next year under these sad circumstances"

I went to a party today after school. The play went well but I was so tired. Fell asleep twice, on my way home and while watching a movie. So it was a bit painful to go to Miranda's. I dressed up as though it were something kinda formal. I did this for a few reasons, 1. I didn't want to be grouped with them; 2. There was the possibility Keith (the girl who asked me out last year) of being there, and I wanted to show her that I'd changed; 3. I felt like it was a formality, so I dressed up. Plain white low cut v-neck shirt, skini jeans, a necklace with a rose and my black-bow-head-band.
I guess it wasn't too bad...but of course Keith and some other people were there and it there was a quiet awkwardness that lingered around us. Well one of them refuses to even acknowledge me, and Keith just sits there occasionally looking over trying to catch my vacant stare. No one really paid attention to me except for Noah. He's a pretty classy kid. Velvet red dress shirt, vest, black pants, classy. He sings too. He was probably the only one who actually gave me some recognition and the only one who said good-bye to me when I left.
"Farewell."
"Adieu! I'll see you...(pauuuuse) well never I guess...not till next year (I tried to end it on a cheery note)" He waved and that was the end of it. I don't regret going (though I do wish I had had some alcohol there, some wine to drown out the dreariness of the situation) I was there for moral and social reasons nothing more. I have gained a C.D player and a face to look for in the future. That's all, until next year.

The color of the sky: Like a deep freshwater lake in the Rockies. The centre is the deepest darkest shade of blue, which fades out into a luminescent shade of turquoise green. The colors in between are all sorts of blue greens, bright, almost shining.

I still haven't sent the poster in...I really should before things go bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment