Wednesday 19 December 2012

Like a child lost in the woods of a big city

I haven't been so nervous in ages! I had to retake the quiz I failed in Latin. So along with Don Jose and Mari, I set out to see if I could actually pass. We walked up the stairs methodically reciting the noun endings, stumbling over a few and laughing at our mistakes. Standing there in front of the door we laughed nervously awaiting our fate. I wonder what our teacher though, we really are complete opposites to some degree, when he saw us laughing and cramming in those desperate last seconds. 
Start. 45 seconds. My heart was pounding, I could hear the letters clearly in my mind, and my hand rushed to copy them down. Racing against time, my hands shaking, it was so short. And done!
I stretched satisfied. Exchanging nervous glances and summary's of our work we thank the teacher and left. Mari was waiting for us. It's so strange that I've been there. Planning everything in accordance to him, timing it so perfectly then hoping, praying for the best. We followed each other around, talking about who knows what. I'm happy, I got them to walk together. But really he is so lazy. He kept complaining that he had to walk. We argued while Mari would throw in her awkward but hilarious comment (that usually made no sense at all) in. The dropped me off at the bus stop and walked away lost in another conversation only once they were safely across the street did they turn back and wave.

At the bus stop I met some rather friendly people. One of who's name I don't remember and the other was Chris C. (There are a lot of Chris's in this world.) Louis came up and hugged me. He's in my 1st hour and we talk every so often. He's a gentlemen, or at least tires to show off in front of his friends. It's cute, like that little kid who thinks he's fallen in love with his brothers girlfriend or something. It was like he was showing off, saying I know her. Aw he's cute (a freshman to boot). The bus ride turned into a new nick name for me and a conversation about racism which really wasn't very good but funny as hell. My new nick name is pretty eyes, since he said my eyes were pretty like a superstars. 
Got off at the university where I was suppose to meet Nadia and get costumes. I was lost. Making my way through a place I've never been. Not that I cared at all. It was nostalgic like the times at my other school, wandering the streets while my hands slowly froze from lack of gloves. Well they finally found me on some random intersection, after they finished looking. So I was sitting here for a good half hour not doing anything at all. Not that I have anything better to do.

The color of the sky: Close to white but not, almost a perry winkle purple. Was it the sky or just a layer of clouds, like wrapping paper on a present. It's a shame we never got to open it.

No comments:

Post a Comment