Sunday 2 December 2012

We all start out as strangers

I've been listening to music that I've listened to hundreds of times before. And they sound different. Not the words. Those never change. But the instrumental. Things I never noticed.

Yesterday I sat here, in front of my computer ready to pass out from fatigue and I just couldn't write. I sat there fingers resting on the keys but unable to move.

Watched We Bough A Zoo last night. I kinda saw myself in the boy, Dylan. I do that. Skip class, draw, don't do my homework, fight with my parents. It made me feel better, so I ate doughnuts and stringed cheese.

Today we had this bazaar in the Ukrainian community. And our group sold almost everything we made! $150 yay! That's really exciting since normally we only make like 50, or less...we made 20 one year. That sucked. My friends and I sat there gossipping about the guys we liked at camp and who we're gonna ask to the Ukrainian dance in January. I really want to go! I really like talking to them. Cause before I didn't really talk to them since I'm shy, but now that we spent the weekend in New York together and other stuff we talk more and it's actually really exciting.


 The color of the sky: A deep grey like an ocean you could drown in. Thick heaving down on you. A winter without snow...

Once again I don't want to go to school tomorrow. I want to curl up in a soft armchair or padded rocking chair where I can read Anna Karenina. The room would be small with a ledge under the one window, draped with flowing curtains. The adjacent room would be a small kitchen with a refrigerator with ingredients for scrambled eggs, fried rice and some strawberry soda, milk, cheese, yogurt, and peach juice. In the pantry there would be jam and crackers, maybe bread, pasta and cookies and hot chocolate, of course. And tea. The kitchen would be rectangular, one side would be the fridge, the short side by the door to the reading room would be the pantry and shelves for silverware, under a window would be the sink and a stove and a toaster. There would be a small wooden table in the middle. I suppose there would be other rooms maybe a second floor, bedroom, bathroom with blue walls and a claw foot bathtub. A place for a washing machine, no dryer. Maybe a living room, used as a studio. There can be an in between room or hallway for my computer and a desk. Garden out back with roses...and a gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment