Monday 23 April 2012

Day 11: realistic unreality A2 to Wonderland

10:00 I had tutoring. I hate math that early in the morning especially on sunday, but it makes me feel a bit better. I can do almost all the math in my head. It's easy. But I still get bad grades on tests. Probably cause I don't pay attention in that class. All I ever do is draw. Doing the math in my head makes me confident, and at ease, at least there's one thing I can get right and not have to question.

My family dragged me to Lansing today to see my brother art exhibit. Great way to waste my time. Boring. Listened to music.
Watched The Incredibles.
We went to my grandparents to celebrate my grandfather and great grandmothers birthdays. We ate a lot of cake. Black forest and classic vanilla with icing flowers.
Went home.

Later I went on a bike ride. I wanted to go to the river but instead I stopped by the creek that runs nearby my house. I'd never been to that part. It was in this grassy ditch. Road on one side, condominiums on the other. There's a big tunnel at the end, leading under the road. You have to climb down to get to the water. Landing on muddy sand and tiny pebbles and rocks. The whole stream bed is covered in tiny stones, that massage your feet when you walk in it. The water bubbles over the rocks, and you can hear it singing.
I took my shoes off and wandered around, making awkward tracks in the mud. It was under 50 degrees and the mud was way colder, the water was freezing as well. It was worth it. I felt like I was in a entirely different place. Picturesque and peaceful, even the sounds of passing cars was calming. That place has become my little world, and I'll probably be going there a lot now, to escape one realistic unreality to another. From A2 to Wonderland.

The color of the sky: Picture like. With the background outside my window it looked like a faded old color picture. The sky was a perry winkle blue, but a bit drained in color. Not many clouds, but the ones that hung in the sky were like gauze, thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment