Monday 16 April 2012

Weekend Recap!


Weekend Recap! My teacher use to say that. Well she still does, I'm just not in her class anymore. That was last semester.

Today is Monday and I didn't write anything all weekend and Friday, so here goes!

Friday wasn't very interesting. Everyone I normally talk to was gone. And it was a rather boring friday.

Saturday on the other hand was incredibly fun. First thing in the morning I went to my friends Regatta. Crew. It was pouring  rain and cold, and I wore flip flops. I also walked about 4 miles to get to the tents. It wasn't the most pleasant experience but it wasn't horrible. It was all quiet. Occasionally I could hear the train in the distance, or the cars on the high way, the birds on occasion, but nothing else. The sky was grey, and the color of a memory. A happy one, set on a rainy day, on an empty street...
I sang a lot of nonsense songs I made up on the spot, some weren't too bad. 
Once I got there I had to sneak in. I saw a lot of people and it was fun. My friends were happy I made it. And I was happy that I didn't catch hypothermia! 
Later I went to a party. My friends 16th birthday. When I got there everyone had separated off into their little groups. Mine painted on each other with glow-in-the-dark paint and hair spray. Played 10 fingers, and truth or dare. Then everyone came down (to the basement where we were) to play spin the bottle. A pretty typical teenage party. I went home at 12. Feeling kinda guilty for kissing other people while I like someone...should I?

This recap has really been all about my life. I don't really think on weekends. It's my off time. 

Sunday I don't remember much of. I was incredibly tired from the night before. So I spent the day weeding dandylions. Somewhere between 2 and 5 hours. 2,500 danylion heads. I took several naps in that time period. Afterwards my fingers were all covered in blisters. 
I saw the hunger games at 6:30. And it did not live up to my expectations. In fact it was pretty bad. I like the books better. A lot better.
Then I went to sleep. And hoped tomorrow I wouldn't forget my homework. And hoped it would be a good day (It was).


The color of the sky: 
saturday: almost invisible, hidden behind pale blue/grey clouds faded almost to white, yet still maintaining a solid color. The color of a memory, worn and disappearing but still vivid enough to remember it. 
sunday: splothces of dark but faded blue. Dissapearing into pale blue and eire glow-in-the-dark green clouds. The horrizon covered in drained pink clouds that somehow matched the entire picture. As the day moved on it became a mix of white/grey clouds the blue sky shinning through in places. 
The 12:00 sky was a summer blue with a few slow moving storm clouds. The sun shone through and it was surprisingly warm and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment