Wednesday 25 April 2012

Day 14: 1/2 day

Today was a half day. A rather sad one.
It wasn't a bad day, just there was a lingering sadness all day, perhaps left over from yesterday...
Time went by at a regular pace. And the hallways looked oddly like a normal high school scene. I always drift through things half way. Today though it seemed like reality. Or more like the memory of one. Like a rainy day where you look back and everyones faces are clear in your mind, so real, even though you've promised to forget. Sepia.
I saw Jess in the hall. And there was this one moment of happiness. The sunlight filtering through clouds on a rainy day. No rainbow.

Had an orthodontist appointment. And was ignored for the most part.

Heard on NPR about a book, a true story of a girl abused. And killed. "A Silence of Mockingbirds." It was disturbing, but even more disturbing was the fact that the USA doesn't have a national policy on child abuse. And we call ourselves the greatest nation... or have we left that title already?

Once again I dislike people. And myself for that matter. And phone numbers. Ah I'll get over it.
Thankfully my usher issues have been solved! Hallelujah! I think I will survive my phone number crisis much better than the last one.

Headache.

I am very very very tired.

In snow. 
It rained. I walked outside to go to the library and the shrub with white flowers on it was drooping down, heavy from the rain. It smelled nice too. Summer rain, no worms, but a the smell of mud mixed with flora. The warm smell of summer and rain mixed together. The sky was a navy blue grey. Prettyful.

like the color of the sky 
The color of the sky: Despite the warm summery weather the sky was the arctic. White sheets of ice spread out in every direction. South the snow turned darker, untouched by the sun. While the northern clouds were just like snow. Soft, fluttery. Bits of light blue ocean slipped between dislodged chunks of ice floating eastward to the Arctic ocean. In the distance there were snow dunes, prominent white splotches wandering across the barren landscape.
Winter turned to summer as the rain came on. The sky turning dark with the night was a navy blue grey. A mix of my Pittsburgh sweat shirt colors. A constant warm tone. With a few prominent white clouds, that looked like bunches of white flowers, like hydrangeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment