Sunday 21 October 2012

Dressed in black and white we attended, crying over our own stories that had been touched that night

We finally went to go see it. Emi and I. The Perks of Being A Wallflower. It was incredible. Nothing like we imagined it to be. Likeness to the book was amazing.
We dressed up, like we were going to a party. Short black dresses, boots (combats for Emi, high heeled for me), leggings, me a white scarf and headband, her a black bag and necklace. We sat on the floor of her room putting on make up. It was as if we were going to homecoming, ready to have the time of our lives.
I cried. Well almost. I though I would. "We accept the love we think we deserve"...

The rest of the day sucked. PSAT testing. School. Bad food. Although we did get sushi for dinner.
I made a new list: Things I will do when there is no one there to tell me likewise: wake up early and drive; take long walks at night in small towns; go to the movies at midnight weeks after the movie has opened; get coffee really early in the morning; go to a dance and actually dance with someone; get drunk and sit looking up at the stars all night long. There more somewhere but it's late.

The color of the sky: It wasn't quite black, instead it was a dark blue sprinkled with the slightest glitter of stars shining thought the patches between falling leaves. It was a moment between time. Between the party and the preparation. Walking there feeling lost, it's that perfect place between beauty and lust where we just loose ourselves. Moments that come without notice and pass us by in the same way. Eternity, infinity, those things were all written in the sky tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment