Sunday 25 November 2012

To face the fears we created for our entertainment

Isn't it kinda weird that you can one day say I like you to the person you've know for years. Just one day decided you like them. And how can we like people we've only just met. How do we fall in love?

Back to school tomorrow. I need 2 more days at least. Don't want to face the messes I've made. I'd rather sit in my room and clean up the ones I know I can.

Went to my grandmas house yesterday. My parents picked my up and took me out with them to a Thai restaurant. It was really good! I had pineapple rice curry. Spicy! For desert we got mango ice cream with sticky rice and coconut milk.

They tore down the old church. It was old, falling apart. I though it would always be there. That's the thing about this place, it feels like if I leave and come back things won't change. Like we're our own world with our own sense of time. But I suppose that's not the case is it. That church had one of the most memorable and beautiful thing written on it that I've ever read. 
“Sorry for looking away so quickly, I actually think you’re really nice looking, but you kinda remind me of this person that I wish would come back."
I found it May 24 of this year. I was probably running from reality again. Those words turn the warm summer day full of sun into a grey winter scene. The darkening sky brimming with snow. A vague image of the person who wrote those words. I was still part time at the art school, and it could have been one of them. But that didn't matter really, what I wanted to know was how could someone write something so beautiful about something so sad.

Looking for summer programs to take me far away. 

The color of the sky: Grey, it seems it will be like that most days from now on. Speckled with stray snowflakes. Nestling in peoples hair, as they search for the perfect evergreen tree even though it's still november.

No comments:

Post a Comment