Saturday 22 September 2012

The goldfish bowl (day 6) Part 1 - blue nail polish

Sometimes, I think our idea of happiness is over rated. We think the only pleasure we can find is being with someone. What about all the other things. Why are we still stuck in this mindset. Why do we think we have to be pretty, smart, talented, skinny, social, and all those other things to reach happiness. We don't do we. It's just what society expects and it's all so complicated. I mean, I could do without Chris, soccer, pretty clothes and just stick to theatre and no social life. I'd be fine right. But I bother with the other things, try to get a boyfriend, spend my money on clothes and make up. For what? How long do I have to ask before I get an answer? But no matter what, I can't stop now. "We slammed the brakes but the wheels went on..."

Homecoming. is. tonight. In less than 3 hours I will leave my house all dressed up all by myself. It's going to be so weird.

Liking Chris is a problem. It's like Pretty in Pink. He's got a social life, friends that are as self absorbed and arrogant as he is, a bunch of girlfriends who are perfectly normal and wear pretty make up and he's got something special. Maybe it is just the arrogance... Then there's me. No social life, weird friends who are the best in the world, theatre, and quiet. Two ends of the spectrum. A prince and a street performer. Or is it the other way around? How does something like that work out? Honestly I don't think either of us could put up with it for very long. Two different worlds...

The bathroom is almost all white. The towels, the marble counter, the sinks, the rugs, and walls, even  the floor is white. I like sitting there, on one of them square carpets and painting my nails. It's so relaxing.

Emi and I spent about an hour trying to curl my hair. It failed! (at first) then we got better at it. It was hilarious though. I definitely had more fun than at homecoming. Then we took weirdly awesome pictures and laughed a lot. It's so hard to describe, it was just that time with your best friend when you do silly things while trying to get ready for something, you just had to be there. I love Emi. I really do have to best friends ever.

Homecoming's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment