Monday 3 September 2012

Another page in a book

3 Am. We finally get home after the usual 12 hour drive from New York. I slept most of the ride, waking up occasionally to figure out the song I was listening to, and find another good one in the endless deck of songs on shuffle.
New York was fine. Saw people, friends, had fun. Went to church, which lasted forever, 2 hours. Painted, slept (not enough but I did), put together a 1000 piece puzzle. We didn't get to finish it.

One thing I noticed is that my dad thinks I'm perfect or something along those lines. I decided to go on a diet, cause I eat way to many sweets, and he says I don't need one. Well I want to and I kinda (just a bit) need to. My painting, which I see has so many faults and things I could do better, was (to him) amazing, perfect, or whatever. I always look pretty, he never blames me for anything, he believes me over my brothers all the time (yes I am older but still...). And it's kinda annoying.

Also on the way back, I woke up right before we got home. As we're driving through the far end of the city it's all quiet. No cars, no people. Just street lamps. Glowing in an inviting warm way. We're driving past the soccer fields, graveyard, old school, friends house and this is where I want to go back to and be stuck for another year? I mean that's what I was asking for when I said I can't wait to get back to school. So I guess this is where I'll be, with no escape aside from school, for the next 3 years. It still feels kinda like a prison, trapped in this tiny city/town and you can only go so far on your bike, but there's still a few places to explore I guess. Got to make the most out of this city, or I suppose it would be a waste of time.

This is totally random, but it somehow came to mind last night. The little things that are somehow romantic, but that's not quite the right word, more like...i dunno, little things. Silly yes, and mine are really weird.
White dresses, street lamps, playing the piano, scarves, flip phones, going to autumn football/soccer/baseball games, bike rides right before sun set on a quiet lazy late summer afternoon...balloons, I'll think of some more later.

The color of the sky: Golden shimmers, a cool breeze, only a few clouds, pale peach colored. Light blue sky, sprinkled with gold glitter from the sun.

School starts in 9 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment