Tuesday 1 January 2013

Wait for me at the end of the world in a place where it snows

There's so much to say about my last days of this year. They have been the most wonderful and perfect and happy and messed up and everything else days ever!

Night of the 29th was insane! Rags, over several very weird and funny phone calls told me that he wanted to make out with me. It was kindof just for the hell of it kind of thing, since the girl he likes gave him the friend zone. Well I freaked out a bit since I like D.j and he's there then things would get complicated. But with all the pressure and just basic fact that the next day was our last and maybe we could make it through I said "ok". 3 Am after a LifeTime movie me and Julie (one of my room mates, the others were Christi, not to be confused with Christine, and Lesia) gossiped, discussed boys, I finally told her that I like D.j and we went to bed. I don't think any night we got more than 4 hours of sleep, we made up for that on the hour to and from the ski slopes.

The last day skiing (this is yesterday the 30th) was the best. Me and my new found friend Christine went skiing at the very top, we started out and just went with it. Going down deserted trails, telling stories of love on ski lifts and racing towards bathrooms of unknown location. Found ourselves on ski chair #69, and trudging across flat stretches of white surrounded by a winter wonderland. Best skiing ever. My shins barely hurt and it was so fulfilling to be able to ski all those black diamonds.

Next the dance. I was well scared and excited. Right before though Rags calls and says,  hey I'm having second thoughts. Me ok! that's fine, moving on. It was so much fun! 2 hours jumping up and down singing till our voices ran out and then some. It's like letting go of everything and just dancing, you don't need to think you just be happy for what you've got right there in your grasp for those fragile few moments. I wore my pretty kinda lacy layered blue and grey shirt that has flowers on it. My hair I managed to curl and I couldn't stop smiling.
12:00 we snuck into D.j's room to watch Dr.Who. I'm really addicted to it. We watched the episode with the angles. It was so fucking scary. Lesia's brother explained it through the episode, while we watched our mouths open scared shitless by the weeping angels. In the middle of it D.j gets ups and takes off his pants. It was so funny, I just couldn't take my eyes off him! Also he like the sweat shirt.
We had to walk back to our rooms after that with warnings of, "Don't let the angels get you!"
I fell asleep holding the hat I borrowed from D.j.

I wish we never had to leave. Hugs and kisses and long good-byes. At one point we all were sitting in one room, laughing and making plans for next year. The best part was walking though these adjoining rooms, it was this line of kids while the inhabitants looked on confused while we just laughed. Hagging people and saying good-bye was the hardest. 5 months till we see each other again.

 Now I'm home, with all those memories and drawings and words I won't forget. Flirting, flings, love, laughter, stories, everything we experienced in those 5 days. I'll never forget, and I'll wait. I promise the next time you see me I'll try even harder and be someone you can be proud of if not love too.

As the city of Detroit grows closer across the Ambassador bridge and New York gets further and further away...
Good night, sweet dreams, and happy new years.

No comments:

Post a Comment