Sunday 20 May 2012

endless days leading into summer

I've just spent half a day laying on my bed. The windows open, shades pulled back, lights off, sunlight filtering in splashing shimmering golden flakes on my walls. The rooms smells like paint, the wind and summer; fresh cut grass, flowers, a touch of rain, and sun. The covers are thrown back. Books are scattered on the floor, along with anonymous papers, paint and candy wrappers. Just laying there and reading. Sometimes turning on the music and listening, staring up, dreaming. It feels like an endless summer day, when my friends are all gone, and theres nothing left to do. Don't want to move, or do anything at all. And it doesn't matter cause I have all the time in the world...
If it was summer. But it's just another super hot sunday afternoon, school tomorrow.

Tomorrow's gonna be even hotter. 

The color of the sky: Light grey blue, the color on my pallet. An odd mesh of white, light blue, a half mix of the two and a splatter of grey. Thin, weightless slivers of clouds hang in pearly lines. Looking up, it would look endless, like a summer day.

Sunday. Tomorrow is Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment